This agreement is between New Hope Photography, owned by Matt Ritscher, hereinafter the PHOTOGRAPHER, and an independent contractor whose name and address appears below, hereinafter the CONTRACTOR.
This agreement is effective from the date you include with your digital signature below through five days after the scheduled wedding date (listed below).
Terms and Conditions
1. Position: The CONTRACTOR agrees to work for the PHOTOGRAPHER as a work-for-hire independent contractor providing photography/assistant services for a one-time commitment. The CONTRACTOR is a freelance working for him/ herself.
2. Assignment: The CONTRACTOR will provide photography coverage, time and talent as scheduled by a representative of the PHOTOGRAPHER on the agreed upon wedding date. The CONTRACTOR will NOT be responsible or required to edit any of the images for the PHOTOGRAPHER.
3. Independent Contractor: The CONTRACTOR and the PHOTOGRAPHER specifically agree that the CONTRACTOR is performing the services as an independent contractor and is not an employee of the PHOTOGRAPHER. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, as a guarantee of future employment or engagement, or as a limitation upon the PHOTOGRAPHER’s sole discretion to terminate this Agreement at any time without cause. CONTRACTOR further agrees to be responsible for all of CONTRACTOR’s federal and state taxes, withholding, social security, insurance, and all other benefits.
4. Payment: in exchange for successful completion of assignment the CONTRACTOR will receive compensation. Secondary Wedding Photographers will be paid at the conclusion of the assignment at which they provided photography services, and images are successfully transferred to PHOTOGRAPHER.
5. Timing to Complete the Assignment: CONTRACTOR agrees to the following timing schedule to complete all assignments. All unedited RAW files must be delivered to PHOTOGRAPHER no later than five days after the conclusion of the wedding.
6. Copyright & Reproduction Rights:The CONTRACTORS assignment is a work for hire job. As such, the copyrights of the images produced by him or her, belong to PHOTOGRAPHER. The CONTRACTOR agrees not to sell any image taken during a contracted event from the PHOTOGRAPHER to any person, company, group, advertising agency or otherwise without the PHOTOGRAPHER’s express written permission. The PHOTOGRAPHER does grant the CONTRACTOR permission to use the images taken during this contracted assignment for the CONTRACTOR’s personal print portfolio and website.)
(The images may not be shared on Social Media unless, credit is given to New Hope Photography. But the CONTRACTOR may use the images for personal portfolio or website.)
7. Exclusivity: The CONTRACTOR understands that he/she represents the PHOTOGRAPHER and not any other business while completing assignments for the PHOTOGRAPHER. While directly working for the PHOTOGRAPHER, the CONTRACTOR will not advertise his/her own business, will not solicit work for him/herself, and will only distribute the PHOTOGRAPHER’s materials, business cards, and name. The CONTRACTOR is not bound by an exclusivity contract when not working directly for the PHOTOGRAPHER. The CONTRACTOR may pursue other photographic work for him/herself or other studios so long as it shall not directly compete with the PHOTOGRAPHER, or infringe upon the PHOTOGRAPHER’s client base.
9. Liability: The CONTRACTOR warrants that he/she will perform when booked for a photographic assignment, and that he/she is liable for any loss or any other financial liability suffered by the PHOTOGRAPHER, due to a failure to perform, other than a documented medical emergency or "Act of Nature'. The PHOTOGRAPHER is not liable for any loss or damage to the CONTRACTOR’s equipment under this contract.
10. Equipment: The CONTRACTOR is responsible for providing all of his/her own equipment with which to complete the assignment. This includes providing his/her own media cards to photograph with.
The agreement constitutes the entire agreements between both parties listed above. Any modification of this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. If any provision of this agreement is declared invalid, then the remainder of the agreement will remain in force and intact.